|Phil Ertmer of Kwik Shade Trees in Omro, Wisconsin, plants one of the first seven trees near the Ultralight area on AirVenture convention grounds.
The first seven "Autumn Blaze Maple" trees were planted on Wednesday, October 17, as part of EAA's improvement efforts on the AirVenture grounds.
As the member-donated trees grow and more are planted, they will help create a more colorful environment for members and guests during the annual convention, not to mention bring much-needed shade on those long, hot AirVenture days.
EAA ultimately hopes to plant about 200 trees, and members are invited to join the effort by having one planted in their name for a donation of $750. To order your tree online, select "Other Amount" on the form, and enter $750 in the accompanying box. Then select "AirVenture Grounds Tree" on the pull-down menu and complete the additional personal information.
To learn more about donating a tree on the AirVenture grounds, please contact development@EAA.org or call 800-236-1025.
EAA thanks the donors for the first seven trees, who include:
- Gary and Mary Baker, Medina, Ohio
- Syd and Lois Cohen, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Lynda and Dennis Brunotte, Naples, Florida
- Mark Lohry, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- David and Mary Flinn, Lansing, New York
- Christopher Scherer, Greenbelt, Maryland
- James Hefelfinger, Locust Valley, New York